SiDCOR is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (the APPs).
Personal Information pursuant to the Act means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
If at any time SiDCOR is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, SiDCOR must cooperate fully.
- acts or practices of SiDCOR that are directly related to employee records of current or former employees; and
- the collection and handling of personal information not covered by the Act.
Personal Information Collected and Held
- SiDCOR collects Personal Information about you in several different ways:
- SiDCOR collects and holds the Personal Information from clients, customers, employees, contractors and other individuals when engaged to provide services to you. For example, Financial and Taxation, Audit, Business Advisory and System Support Services.
- We collect Personal Information directly during face to face meetings, by documentation provided by you, by telephone and facsimile and by email.
- The type of information we may collect from you in order to be able to provide you with engaged services includes, names, date of birth, home & postal addresses, phone and fax numbers, and email addresses. We may also collect information regarding your assets, liabilities, income, expenditure, employment details and history
- SiDCOR collects Personal Information from its alliance partners and third parties only when you have authorised us to do so or you have knowingly provided that information to us. Any information provided to us in this manner will be protected in accordance with the APPs.
Use of Personal Information
SiDCOR collects the information to enable us to
- successfully provide you with the services you engage us for
- communicate with you & respond to requests
- complete internal reporting
- provide our clients and other 3rd parties with updates on our services and also industry updates
Without this information, it may prevent us from providing our services to you.
- We will only collect, maintain and use the information for the purpose provided unless you have consented to alternate use of the information.
- SiDCOR also uses the Personal Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive such material any more, for example marketing material, you can contact [email protected] and opt out of these services.
To Whom Does SiDCOR Disclose Your Personal Information?
- SiDCOR will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any Personal Information obtained from you unless you give us your consent.
- SiDCOR uses a range of service providers to ensure you receive quality and efficient services and to run our internal business systems. This means that individuals and organisations outside of SiDCOR will at times have access to Personal Information held by SiDCOR and may collect and use it on SiDCOR’s behalf and with our permission.
Examples of these individuals and organisations include independent contractors and consultants, off-site security storage facilities, information technology and software providers, and debt collection agencies.
We utilise third party software systems as part of our service delivery to you. Some of these systems store data on servers domiciled in the United States, United Kingdom, Philippines and/or Indonesia & Singapore. At all times, your data is under our control and we have taken all reasonable measures to protect your privacy.
- SiDCOR may at times develop aggregate (ie. not individual) reports which incorporate some details from the Personal Information. The reports are for use by our business partners and do not include any personally identifiable information
How Will SiDCOR Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
SiDCOR has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control.
These security measures include:
- Restricted access to Personal Information
- Firewalls - protecting Servers and work stations.
- Encryption of data
- Confidentiality clauses in all employee agreements
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
SiDCOR gives you the following options for accessing and modifying Personal Information previously provided:
You may gain access to Personal Information that SiDCOR has collected about you, by contacting the person named below. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information.
If you have a complaint about SiDCOR’s handling of your Personal Information, or in relation to your dealings with us about your Personal Information, you may contact us via the options as outlined below.
How to Contact Us
By Telephone: Kym Phillips (02) 4926 5299
By Mail: Director of Complaints, PO Box 831, NEWCASTLE NSW 2300
By Email: [email protected]
Updated November 2015